This is a freezer meal I like to make. I didn't take step-by-step pictures this time. And I use ground turkey instead of ground beef, but I'm sure you could use either meat and it would be fine. (If you are making this as a freezer meal, line your loaf pan with tinfoil, then saran wrap before you start).
Cheese-stuffed BBQ Meatloaf
1 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 medium onion, chopped
1 roasted red pepper, chopped
1 tsp prepared horseradish
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup cheddar or colby cheese
1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl.
3) Crumble turkey over mixture and fold to combine.
4) Place half the turkey in the loaf pan, gently (don't compact it), sprinkle the cheese over the first layer of meatloaf, then layer the rest of the meatloaf over the cheese. (At this point, you would freeze the meatloaf if you were making this for your freezer meal stash, otherwise continue to step 5).
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. (If reheating as a freezer meal, allow to thaw completely first).
6) After 1 hour, take out the meatloaf and spread BBQ sauce over the top. Bake for 15 more minutes.
7) Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Alternative recipe: BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
2 lbs of ground beef
1 cup cheddar cheese
4 strips of cooked bacon, chopped
1 pack onion soup mix
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and press into a loaf pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for 55 minutes. Then spread BBQ sauce over the top and bake for an additional 10 minutes.